Friday, September 30, 2011

Fireworks

"I watched as he bent over the last one, my firework, and I fought the urge to tell him not to, to just leave it. I held my breath as he touched the glowing ember to the fuse and watched as the flame slowly crawled up the length of it and into the body of the firework. With a flash of light it launched into the sky, whizzing overhead in front of the moon and out over the lake. I heard the pop of the containment tube bursting from the pressure of the flame. I watched as one by one fountains of colors burst from the tube, first red, then white, then green, before the tube began to fall back to earth, gaining speed as gravity pulled at it. It disappeared behind the trees, making me lose sight of it, but I swear I felt its impact throughout my body as it hit the ground."

No comments:

Post a Comment