Thursday, September 1, 2011

Okay, so what is this?

We've all heard of the 50-book challenge: Set a goal to read a set number of books in one year. All you do is read those books and keep a running list. If you still don't understand, go here.
Tonight, I clicked on a link from the Bookfessions tumblr page that took me to the above page. And I thought to myself, "hmm, I really would like to do this." Back in seventh grade, I had done this. I recorded the title and author of every book I read for a full year. But I haven't done it since then. And looking at people's lists on that link above, it made me really want to do this challenge. I knew I'd lose interest by the time the New Year rolls around. I also knew that starting now and going until September 2012 would annoy my OCD tendencies. (Not to mention, that I'd probably read half of the books or more over the summer!)

SO. Here's what I'm doing. I'm reading ninety books in nine months. September to June. That's my school year. That's an average of ten books a month. I'm a senior in high school, so things like college applications and homework will get in the way. That's okay, though. I'm pledging to read ninety books in nine months. That means I can read any number of books in any given month. I'm going to short review of the book when I finish and during the course of the reading, I'll probably also post quotes or other fun stuff.

Please feel free to email me with any questions! Also, explore the links on the sidebar, comment away, and don't be afraid to contact me. I'm nice, I promise ;)

2 comments:

  1. Probably, but I might as well try, anyway. Besides, this way I'll have a better list of everything I read this year.

    ReplyDelete